So, Clint just did the “When you were 17..” survey, and so I decided to do it also…. then I noticed he linked to his senior year survey, and that reminded me that I had that survey sitting in my drafts since February 19th… So here’s both of them.
When I was 17…
1. My favorite musician was: NoMeansNo
2. My favorite song was: Who the hell knows at this point? We can just say “What Slayde Says” and leave it at that.
3. My favorite subject was: Algebra 2
4. My favorite teacher was: Either Mr. Linz the physics teacher or the Algebra 2 teacher. I think her name was Mrs. Potvin. I can’t remember for sure. But I would write little stupid things all over my papers and she’d write back. One time, the answer was 54, so I wrote, “Car 54, where are you?” next to it, and she wrote back being like, “You’re too young to remember that.” But the only reason I knew about it was from staying up all night watching Nick at Nite, so she had a point.
5. I had a crush on: Clint. I also had some psuedo-boyfriends while we had an open relationship, so I had a crush on a couple of guys before making the move on them.. Muahahaha, Bill The Cat, Ian (who, oddly enough, I can’t remember his bbs handle…. weird, huh?), Bob (same thing. I can’t remember his bbs handle, but he was Wishbringer’s neighbor).
6. Favorite food was: uhh, all food was delicious.
7. My favorite hangout was: Skate City, or hanging out at one of the Fearsome 6′s house.
8. I wished I could be: with Clint
9. My plans for the future were: to get into Virginia Tech so I could be with Clint
10. My favorite TV show was: I didn’t watch that much TV, but I think it was Seinfeld and Mad About You
11. I hated: being away from Clint
12. It was the year: 1993
13. best memory: hanging out with friends
14. Worst memory: I must have blocked it. Probably just being away from Clint in general.
When I was a senior…
1. Did you date someone from your school? Clint
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? Clint
3. Did you car pool to school? I drove my brother to school.
4. What kind of car did you have? I didn’t have my own car, but I drove my mom’s 1990 Mazda Miata, and pretty much considered it mine.
5. What kind of car do you have now? 1994 Pontiac Grand Am
6. Its Friday night. Football games or Party? I only occassionally went to football games my freshman and sophomore years. My junior & senior years, Friday nights were usually spent at Skate City in Manassas…
7. It is Saturday night? Probably hanging around with the Fearsome 6.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school? My junior and senior year, I had a part-time data entry job in the dining services of a retirement home. I got it through the Co-Op program. Best decision I ever made was to say “Yes” when my Information Technology teacher asked if I wanted a job. Leaving school at 1pm my senior year = WIN!
9. What kind of job do you have now? Government Credit Analyst
10. Were you a party animal? Nope. I drank alcohol once my senior year when I visited Clint at college
11. Were you considered a flirt? Nope. I got more flirty after college (same as Clint’s answer, oddly enough)
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I was in orchestra in middle school
13. Were you a nerd? When I was called a nerd, I resented it. But I guess I was….
14. Did you get suspended or expelled? Never
15. Can you sing the fight song? Nope
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher? Mr. Linz is a good one, but I think I liked the information technology teacher better… How bad is it that I don’t remember her name?
17. Where did you sit during lunch? Bah, I think I sat on the floor in the hallway and ate ho-hos.. Not sure if that was freshman or senior year though. Sophomore year was with Clint, I think. I’d sometimes eat with my friend Tanya if our lunches coincided, but I think I was usually in the different lunch period than her. Grumble.
18. What was your school’s full name? Woodbridge Senior High School
19. When did you graduate? 1994
20. What was your school mascot? Viking
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Yes.
22. Did you have fun at Prom? Yes, because I was with Clint. I think I had more fun leading up to the proms and having the flower fiascos than the actual proms themselves.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? Yes. He is at home sleeping.
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Sure, why not. I did go to my 10-year because Clint insisted that I’d regret it. I did not regret it – that made-to-order pasta was AWESOME!
25. Do you still talk to people from school? Not really, unless you count facebook. I did just add a bunch of old acquaintances to facebook… Oh, wait, AE and of course Clint.